Wednesday, November 4, 2009

2009 11 04. Wednesday.

Some mice came into my room around 3am and started making some noise, knocking things over and chewing on the banana I had sitting on the counter next to the sink. Grrr! I got very annoyed. After breakfast I got a lid for one of my extra buckets and put my food in there.

Had an Amma dream last night, the first one I've remembered in about 6 months or more. I was walking quickly through a big white house with lots of rooms and stairs, trying to find something. Everything was painted white. At one point I turned left into a bedroom and saw Amma sitting up in a bed with lots of white sheets and She was wearing Her usual bright white saree. I have a vague memory that my sister was also there with Amma; not sure. As soon as I saw Amma, I joyfully and with lots of devotion ran up to Her, sat down beside the bed and took Her hand in mine. I was feeling lots of love and I said "Oh, Amma." a few times. Amma was smiling quietly. After a minute or two Amma seemed to change shape and become misshapen, like She was melting a little bit. Then I started to feel nervous holding Her hand because I started to think it was a mouse that was going to bite me.

Had the 3rd meeting of the Communication Skills Group this morning. Since Nicolas is gone it was just Rachel and I. It went well. We had more time for our extended check-ins which gave us both time to share some deeper issues. I shared about the difficult feelings I had about 2 months ago when I was living next to some Indian ladies who talked loudly during official quiet times. I shared how it was very frustrating for me not to be able to go to sleep or meditate when I wanted. I also shared about the very surprising incident when the Indian lady who was angry with me for asking them to be quiet later apologized and explained about how her mother is partly deaf. Rachel did a wonderful job listening and reflecting back what I shared. I look forward to when Nicolas gets back and he shares about his trip to the Sai Baba ashram in Andra Pradesh.

At dinner David and I were chatting and he mentions he's a drummer. We start talking about favorite bands and it turns out he's a big Led Zeppelin fan just like me (John Bonham, the Led Zep drummer, was fantastic). He tells me about the special way they recorded the drum track for "When The Levee Breaks" to get the echo effect on the bass drum, If you're not familiar with this song, hop onto YouTube and check out the studio version (the live versions aren't as good). The drum track is so amazing. I couldn't get that song out of my head until I fell asleep.

No comments: