Thursday, June 18, 2009

2009 06 18. Thursday.

2009 06 18. Thursday.

The breakfast this morning at first was not very appetizing; just some poorly spiced chopped green veggies of some kind. After I reluctantly finished my small second helping, I was walking back to wash my plate when I saw they had brought out idlis, sambar *and* uttapam. Doh! Uttapam is definitely one of my favorites! But I was already stuffed. Some uttapam and sambar would have been wonderful. Oh, well. Amma says to get the taste of God we must lose attachment to the taste of the tongue. Still working on it.

At the compost pile this afternoon I was really dragging shortly before 4pm, and looking forward to the afternoon chai. Then one of the Indian men told me they had brought sweet chai. I said I wanted to go get the unsweetened chai. When I went into the shed to wash my hands I could smell the sweet chai. Wonderful! I caved in (of course) and had the sweet chai. It was right there and I could have all I wanted. They also brought some cakes, pastries and jelebes. Wow! The sweet chai and pastries was a real special treat! After having a little more than my fair share of each, my energy felt great! I stayed and helped with the final work for another 40 minutes or so. The work was pretty strenuous but I felt really good. The sugar rush did wonders for me and apparently was just what my body needed. I may buy some jaggery (dark palm sugar) at the store and keep it handy. Maybe my body just needs some extra quick energy when I'm doing strenuous work.

No comments: