Saturday, June 27, 2009

2009 06 27. Saturday.

2009 06 27. Saturday.

Ate at the Western Cafe for the first time today. Prabana, Peter Ash and I had a meeting to discuss the composting project. I brought my Indian food over from the other side of the hall. We had a nice talk; the composting project is going well and there's lots of ideas for replicating it to other Amma organizations and setting up training programs. Peter's enthusiasm and energy is one of the main reasons why the project is going well.

I finally solved the problem of the the little tiny ants that like to crawl all over my toothpaste tube and toothbrush. I got a plastic lid and filled it with a little water. Then I put a cup in the middle of the water and put my toothbrush and toothpaste inside the cup. Voila! No more ants. They can't swim so now I'm not accruing the bad karma of killing some of the ants that get into my toothbrush. One of the Indian guys at the compost work told me about this trick.

We had another compost meeting this evening at 8pm at the compost area. It was a cool evening. No moon and very dark. Peter Ash, Prabana, Mukhunda and I met for about 2 hours. Way past my usual 9:15pm bedtime! Turns out Mukhunda has a BS in physics just like me. He said he wanted to go to grad school but Amma said that wasn't the best path for him. Mukhunda says he's now very happy living at the ashram and helping with the compost and lots of other things. At about 10pm we went to the big Indian kitchen and had ourselves a wonderful dinner. There were some pots of leftover fancy food that they serve to the college students. Doshas, uttapam and all kinds of really nice curries. I stuffed myself on delicious, fluffy doshas and wonderful thick curries. Finally got to bed around 10:30pm. I was feeling lazy so I set my alarm for 6:30am to make sure I get my precious 8 hours of sleep. I felt a twinge of guilt that I'll be missing the morning Mahay Shasura Mardini bhajan, but my pleasantly bloated belly drowned out most of my guilt.

No comments: