Saturday, July 4, 2009

2009 07 04. Saturday.

2009 07 04. Saturday.

When I got to the lunch line today the wind was blowing hard and it looked like it was going to rain. The Indian laborers were lined up so the line ended outside rather than in the big hall. I didn't want to get rained on so when I got to the back of the line I called out and waved my hands for the Indians to curve the line inside. To my surprise, they followed my directions while giving me curious looks. Cool; it actually worked. It was then that I noticed that the line was pretty short and the sky was quickly clearing up. My impromptu line direction was totally not needed at all! I bet the Indian kids had a fun time laughing about the incident during lunch; waving their hands to imitate my movements. I felt a little silly, but its a feeling I'm used to. Like an old friend I visit often.

No comments: