Thursday, July 23, 2009

2009 07 23. Thursday.

2009 07 23. Thursday.

Moving day today. Yuch! What a pain. I miss the E building! Got everything into the new room (ground floor). There is absolutely zero sound insulation between the rooms in this building (the "L" building, L for loud). Next to me is an Indian family and my goodness! they never stop talking! Non-stop extremely rapid fire loud chatter for hour after hour. Jeez. Must be a really complicated issue. Hopefully they'll give their jaws a rest when I try to sleep. In the hallway is a sign that says "Please Keep Silence". I'll have to make a copy and tape it on their door.

At dinner today they brought out a pot of chai. Wow. That's unusual. Never seen them offer chai at dinner. For me it was a total tease. I can't drink any caffeine at night so I had to skip it. The American guy I was with in the dinner line said the same thing; caffeine keeps him awake. But he took half a cup anyway. Maybe he's more addicted to chai than me!? Didn't think that was possible.

As I was getting into bed tonight the Indian family next door finally settled down and I was able to fall asleep. I was going to get up and ask them to please talk quietly but they quieted down.

No comments: