Monday, July 6, 2009

2009 07 06. Monday.

2009 07 06. Monday.

I had a lot of emails to send to Peter and some other people about the compost project so, for the first time, I took my laptop to the boys computer room. Very cool! I plugged in the ethernet cable and Bam! Fast free internet. Sweet. I downloaded some overdue patches for Windows and some other programs and took care of all the emails. I was waiting for someone to ask me if I had permission to be there so I could reply in a haughty tone of voice "Excuse me sir, but Swami Jnanamrita has granted me permission to do my seva work here. Now run along please. I have important work to do." I would then wave my hand in a dismissive fashion as only someone with my depth of fetid ego can do.

At lunch soon after I got my food and sat down, I noticed that some of the other people coming to the table had some kind of deep fried something or other. I finished my meal and went to see what I was. A young Indian brahmachari in white was handing them out from a big square metal pot. When he saw me he gave me a smile and put an extra big one on my plate. I still couldn't tell what it was. I got back to my seat and cut it in half with my spoon. Looked a deep fried banana. I bit into it and sure enough thats what is was. It was really good. And really hot! There was no extra sugar, just the sweetness of the banana. I pointed to it and asked some of the young Indian laborers seated next to me what it was called. They all just gave me a blank look and went back to their food like I was a Pakistani spy asking for Indian nuclear secrets. I shrugged and enjoyed the rest of it. Nothing like a little hot sweet greasy fried treat to put me in a relaxed mood.

No comments: