Sunday, July 5, 2009

2009 07 05. Sunday.

2009 07 05. Sunday.

This morning I was working in the compost area at around 6:30am filling up some garbage bins with wood chips to prepare for the afternoon food waste. In the early dawn semi darkness it was very peaceful and quiet. Some of the wood chips had gotten wet and the bin was pretty heavy. I was pulling it across the field when suddenly, out of nowhere, I hear this Indian voice next to me say "Please. May I help?" Christ on a cracker! Scared the living poop out of me! Where did he come from?! I jerk my head around and see next to me the Indian guy who wired up some of the lights at the compost area a few days ago. I said in a quiet voice "Jeez. You scared the crap out of me." He apparently didn't understand what I said. He just grabbed the other handle of the bin and we carried it together to the compost area. In a moment or two my heart stopped racing. When we put the bin down he gave me a nice smile and continued toward the ashram. Next time I see him I'm gonna put a little cow bell around his neck.

On the way back to my room I stopped by one of the water taps near my building to wash my feet. But one of the older Indian guys had attached a hose to it and was watering some of the many potted plants around the building. I went to him and gestured if it would be OK for me to use to hose to wash my feet. He waggled his head and handed me the hose. As he was giving it to me, he sprayed water all over my pants and casually walked away. I'm sure it was an accident but I go really pissed really fast. I washed my feet and tried to get myself settled down. I was very seriously thinking about "accidentally" spraying him. I was actually going to but he had turned off the water by then. Which was actually very lucky for me. Would have been terrible karma to have sprayed him on purpose. It took the rest of the day for my anger to settle down. I keep telling myself to just laugh when stuff like this happens, but my anger just shoots up. Very frustrating. Only thing I can do is keep watching it carefully and gently.

No comments: