Monday, July 20, 2009

2009 07 20. Monday.

2009 07 20. Monday.

At the dinner line today I was talking with Gerhard, a really nice yoga teacher from Austria. One of the other western guys came by and said "The Indian Cafe is open!" That's a place where you can get really good Indian food and treats for a really low price (its only open once in a while when Amma is here and on some other special occasions). Gerhard asked me to join them but I said "No, costs money." I'm trying to be very frugal at the ashram. He said "I'll treat you!" I hesitated and said "No, I'll just eat here." He shrugged and went off with the other guys to the Cafe. After a few minutes I thought "What the heck. Let me join them." I went over and asked Gerhard if he was still OK treating me. He smiled and said "Sure!" So I got a really delicious masala dosha and a little sweet pastry (20 rupees total). Yum. We had a nice conversation about the deeper spiritual benefits of yoga practice. Really enjoyed talking with him.

No comments: