Monday, August 24, 2009

2009 08 24. Monday.

Had a weird encounter with Odyan at dinner. He's the American who pretends to be a sadhu but is actually just a loopy weirdo (but harmless). He sat next to me at dinner and started talking this strange spiritual nonsense. So just for fun I started to say "Everything is Krishna." He got all weird and upset when I said that and finally stood up and walked away. He seems to get all weirded out whenever I say anything that smells of advaita. He's strange but he does show flashes of a sense of humor, so he's not all bad. Keep in mind that whenever I poke fun at others I fully realize they could be (probably are) farther along the spiritual path than me, no matter how they may appear on the outside. Outside appearances don't count for much in the spiritual leela. Unless you're an Amma swami; then the inside and outside almost definitely match.

No comments: