Thursday, October 1, 2009

2009 10 01. Thursday.

I was in a bit sour mood again this morning and then the thought popped into my mind that whatever my mood is is just reality, just like the weather is whatever it is. Its just some energy passing through me and I really have no control over it. Or, to put it another way, whatever mood arises is nothing personal. It has nothing to do with the real me. Its not my mood that's the problem, but rather my resistance to a negative mood or clinging to a positive mood. That's the real difficulty. After pondering and integrating that thought, I felt better.

There was lots of nonstop rain this afternoon and that made for some seriously miserable compost work. There was no western volunteer help today; just me and a crew of Indian volunteers. But my energy was really good. I kept telling myself that the real work is keeping my cool in the midst of managing all the compost work.

No comments: