Thursday, September 10, 2009

2009 09 10. Thursday.

This evening I was walking down the path next to the Western Canteen. I'm holding a cup of hot milk in my right hand and on my left arm is the new plastic molded splint with the big wide black velcro straps. A group of young Indian boys is walking toward me and they're taking up the whole width of the path. The tall Indian guy coming right toward me is looking at his friends and doesn't see that he's going to run into me. So I reach out with my left arm and gently push him on his right shoulder so he doesn't run into me. He quickly looks down and sees this big plastic splint with big black straps pushing into his shoulder and gets a priceless expression on his face! Like he's being ambushed by some killer android. He jumps to the side and quickly moves past me. I smile at the memory of his expression and continue on my way. I could have called out to him, but that wouldn't have been any fun.

No comments: