Saturday, September 19, 2009

2009 09 19. Saturday.

Strange. The fake American sadhu knocked on my door and offered me a little gift. He said it was a peace offering because he felt that he's been annoying me with his one sided talking about Hindusim. Very nice of him. The gift was some dried clay (Gopi Chandan) which can be used to make tilaks (marks on the forehead signifying our connection with the divine). He started to go on and on about where it came from and how to use it. I had to gently stop him. He lives next to me and from what I can hear he seems to get along well with his roommates and neighbors. They seem to like his very strange but harmless behavior and constant talking about some aspect of Vaishnava Hinduism.

At some of the evening bhajans when Amma is giving darshan, Her bhajan group will give a very spirited rendition of the Mahay Shasura Mardini bhajan. Very high energy with some interesting instrumental breaks. Usually its Big Swami who's singing.

No comments: