Sunday, September 27, 2009

2009 09 27. Sunday.

I was standing outside my door this morning wiping some sand off my feet before going into my room. The Fake American Sadhu walked by and said "What are you doing?! You're not supposed to touch your feet!" I had no idea what he was talking about but just for fun, I smiled and reached out my hand like I was going to touch him. He laughed and jumped away. Strange guy, but amusing.

2nd day of Amma's program. LOTS of people here and A LOT of food waste. Wow. Another good crew of helpers and we got it all done after working all day. We had A LOT of really wet food waste. Too wet to go into the main compost pile, so I had them dump it around some big palm trees and cover it all with a good thick layer of older compost. I was really pooped at the end of the day, but felt good that we had kept so much food waste out of the backwaters.

Had a nice talk with Nicolas today. He's a very nice but kind of taciturn young guy from the Czech Republic. He's been helping a lot at the compost area and he'll be here until February 2010. I asked him if he would be willing to be trained as the alternate compost manager and he said yes. Yay! Now I can finally take a few days off once in a while to catch up on other things. Nicolas is also very interested in Marshall Rosenberg's 'Non-Violent Communication' (NVC) work and we occasionally have nice talks about that.

No comments: